Whiteboard Sessions are a short presentation of a venture idea by an entrepreneur or potential entrepreneur to a group of people willing to criticize, encourage, or add to an idea.
Since these are entrepreneurial events, you are responsible for your own lunch and can eat it during the presentation.
We will be offering Whiteboard Sessions throughout the year where you can talk about your idea in front of a friendly audience. Your idea can be just a concept, or it can be a relatively well developed venture idea. Even wacky ideas like using Helium filled balloons to transport freight in Uganda are welcome.
Whiteboard Session Dates
Tripeezy by Paige Brown
Room 106, 1:00 to 1:50
Paige Brown will talk about her concept for Tripeezy, a company that produces personalized travel guides. She will present this idea on September 9 from 1:00 to 1:50 in Room 106.
Kira Bielfield (Owen 2009)
Room 222, 1:00 to 1:50
I have a record about to be released and need help marketing & promoting myself as an artist.
Artist Name: Kira Beth
Album Title: Bittersweet
Release Date: September 2009
Goal: To sell 1 million downloads at $1 a download. Single song or entire album.
I want to present my marketing & promotion plan and let the group help make it better...kindling...I will give everyone who shows up to the lunch a free copy of my album.
Afton Villa Gardens by
Room 216, 1:00 to 1:50
Making Afton Villa Gardens (the remains of an ante-bellum mansion in St. Francisville, Louisiana) into a sustainable Enterprise. We need help with the following issues:
- A plan for a sustainable lifetime income stream
- Plan could include setting up a non profit 501 (c)(3) to solicit tax deductible donations
- Potential market for this brand to sell high quality garden products to promote both the garden and the Afton Villa Foundation
- Running a ecommerce site to generate income – would need to see if there are conflicts between a nonprofit and running a revenue generating business
- What is a reasonable business plan for this type of business? Need to look at similar internet ecommerce businesses
- How would you market the ecommerce business – print media?
Staffing Company for Hospitality Industry by Todd Johnson
Room 216, 1:00 to 1:50
Todd has an idea to build a staffing company for the hospitality industry. He has experience in running a catering business and a home chef business. Todd has some good ideas on how to efficiently screen potential workers to maintain a high quality of individual for his clients.
Available Future Dates
January 20 Room 216 Open, 1:00 to 1:50
February 17 Room 216 Open, 1:00 to 1:50
March 24 Room 216 Open, 1:00 to 1:50
April 14 Room 216 Open, 1:00 to 1:50
If you would like to present during one of these dates, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.