Assistant Professor of Finance
Owen Graduate School of Management
Tel: +1 (615) 322-8059
Fax: +1 (615) 343-7177
401 21st Ave South
Nashville, TN 37203
· “The Value and the Risk of Aggregate Human Capital.” 2014. Review of Financial Studies, doi:10.1093/rfs/hhu073.
· "Overemphasized Costs and Underemphasized Benefits of Income-Contingent Financing", in Chapman, Bruce, Timothy Higgins, and Joseph E. Stiglitz, eds. Income Contingent Loans: Theory, Practice and Prospects. Palgrave Macmillan, 2014.
· "Dynamic Financial System: Complexity, Fragility and Regulatory Prcinciples", 2013. With Tom Ho and Hans R. Stoll. Financial Markets, Institutions & Instruments 22, no. 1:1-42.
· "Regulatory Principles for the Financial System", 2012. With Tom Ho and Hans R. Stoll. Journal of Derivatives Vol. 20 1:19-37. Solicited for 20th anniversary issue of the journal.
·"Training the Doubtful and Timid", with Alex Stomper, Working paper, 2014.
·"The Cross-Section of Labor Leverage and Equity Returns", with Andrés Donangelo, Francois Gourio, and Matthias Kehrig,
Working paper, 2016.
· "General Equilibrium Asset-Pricing Implications of Mobile Human Capital", with Esther Eiling and Andrés Donangelo, Working paper, 2010.
· "Macroeconomic announcements and Firm-level Risk Characteristics." Working paper, 2011.
· "Measuring Aversion to Debt: An Experiment among Student Loan Candidates", with Gregorio Caetano and Harry A. Patrinos, Working paper, 2012.
· "Labor Income and the Cross Section of Asset Returns." Working paper, 2006. See abstract.
Books and Monographs
· Investing in Human Capital, A Capital Markets Approach to Student Funding. Cambridge University Press, 2004.
· Investing in Emerging Markets. The Research Foundation of AIMR, 2003. With Robert Bruner, Robert Conroy, Wei Li, and Elizabeth O’Halloran.
Selected non-academic publications
· “Investing in Value, Sharing Risk; Financing Higher Education Through Income Share Agreements", American Enterprise Institute Series on Reinventing Financial Aid,2014.