Mike Shor: Humor
Top 10 new IRB-required additions to consent forms
- You might die at any moment.
- The experimenter could be mentally undressing you.
- By not being home to answer your phone, you could be missing a chance to win a million dollars.
- If there is a God, s/he knows that you participated in this study.
- Participating in this research is onerous, harmful, and repugnant.
- Because there is no free will, you cannot really consent to this study.
- If at any time in the future you decide to withdraw from the study, the experimenter will retract all publications based on your data.
- Being paid to do this study is not a benefit to you, because money is the root of all evil.
- Everything the experimenter tells you is probably a lie, including this.
- You may not participate in this study.