This page contains some less technical writings on topics in the public debate.
• FAQs about Social Security (12/22/04)
• Barbie Dolls & the Trade Deficit (8/8/05, The San Francisco Chronicle)
• The Crisis that Wasn't (1/23/05, Charleston Gazette-Mail)
• Immigration for Everyone (8/22/06)
• On the Fed's early response to the current crisis & inflation expectations (10/05/07, The Tennessean)
• Misguided Posturing over China's Currency Policy (1/29/09)
How will the combined effects of the recession and the massive bailout plans affect the level of our national debt? The above chart was taken from the latest CBO projections. It seems bad, but not horrific - at least when compared to other countries' recent experiences (e.g., Japan).
Home | Courses | Research | Commentaries | Links | About Me | Market Pix |